7/5/13

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Smoothie Recipe

Hola Amigos, It's been a while since I made a smoothie! Well why not celebrate our Nation's Birthday with one classic dessert favorite by lots of people! Pineapple Upside-Down Cake! but you guys know I'm no baker...so before having a disaster of " I never want to see my oven again" proportions, let's play it safe with a smoothie.
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Smoothie

3/4 Cup Fresh Pineapple, frozen
1/2 Cup Vanilla Rice Milk, chilled
1/4 Pineapple Juice, chilled
1 (6oz) container Pineapple Yogurt, Frozen
1/2 tsps Vanilla Butter Extract 
Caramel topping (optional) 
whip cream (optional)

Put the first 5 ingredients on a blender and blend until smooth, if want at this point you could add some sugar or a sweetener of your liking.
Cherry Sauce
1/2 Pd Cherries Pitted and cut in half
1/2  blood orange juice (or orange, I just had the Red oj handy)
2 TBSP Agave Vanilla Sweetener

In a heavy saucepan put the cherries, juice and sweetener and heat up on medium to low heat for 10 minutes until cherries are soft and the sauce starts to caramelized.
Remove from heat and when is cool enough to the touch, put this mix into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. 
To serve

Pour some of your cherry sauce at the bottom of your drinking glass, slowly pour the smoothie mix on the side of glass, Top it off with pineapples, cherries, whip cream and caramel!
Serves 2 (8oz) glasses
Pineapple Upside-Down Smoothie Recipe, the sweet taste of the classic cake without spending hours in the kitchen or baking! Have a straw and your favorite shades and enjoy paradise with this delicious smoothie!

Listo!
I believe you can find all the elements you love about your pineapple upside-down cake here. The vanilla buttery taste of the cake, the cherry (not maraschino you guys know I can't stand the stuff) and a little caramel not from brown sugar, but caramel after all!

Stir and enjoy this combination of flavors!

I think is even low in calories since instead of sugar I used Agave and Rice Milk!

Thank You for sharing this treat with me! I hope you turn it around and create your own special smoothie cake recipe soon!

Remember anything you serve to celebrate among family and friends tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Have a great weekend!
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Smoothie Recipe, Feel like having a slice of Sweet Pineapple Upside Down Cake but you don't feel like baking? Grab a Straw and enjoy the same delicious sweet flavor with this smoothie! Will take you right to the tropics!

Besitos,
Lizy
As seen at:

39 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!!! I am pinning this for later. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is pretty awesome.
    I was going through the pictures - and I could feel myself drooling ;) - and reading your stamp "Just Dip in Chocolate" and thinking "no need. plenty sweet and fabulous as it is" ahahaha
    Great Idea, Lyz.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very rich. I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day! HOW unusual, true!
    I was wondering HOW an upside down cake got to be a smoothie too!
    You had my curiosity! I would love to try this...one to go...yes please!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that this is super unique and looks super delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious, Lizy! Pinned to my tasty beverages board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizy ~ You always have FABULOUS drinks, smoothies, and shakes! I am coming to visit!! Pinning this to try :) Stopping in from Lakeshore Drive - have a great week!!

    Kim @ *Soliloquy Of Food & Such*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious!!

    would love if you'd share it at my Sunday Funday Linky Party!

    *Susan @ Adventures in my Kitchen
    http://soozind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...my...goodness! This looks fabulous! Who would have ever thought it might actually be healthy for you too?! Yum! I'd  love to have you link this to Titus 2 Tuesday this week on Cornerstone Confessions.. I hope to see you there. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Yup it is possible, I surprised myself too with this one!

      Delete
  10. WOW!!! I'm definitely going to add this to my splurge list of yummy things to treat myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've ever seen a drinkable pineapple upside down cake, but it certainly looks good! Very creative! Thank you for linking w/ See Ya in the Gumbo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks delicious! Your photography is amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks good. I have been on a pineapple kick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty. Will have to remember these next time I buy cherries! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! This reminds me of the pineapple floats at Disneyland! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and leaving me such nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, beautiful!!!! Love these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rose! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. hot diggety dang does this look good! :>D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing! I would love it if you shared it at our link party here http://www.theprincessandhercowboys.com/2013/07/on-display-monday-9.html

    Have a good on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty drink! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't think I've ever had pineapple upside down cake... Anyhoo, since pineapple is my favorite fruit, your smoothie looks extremely delicious! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! This looks amazing. Pinning for sure!

    :)
    Elena
    acasarella.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I almost licked my computer screen to clean up the side of the glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, Lizy! I want this NOW!! Pinned and shared on FB - thanks for sharing at this week's All My Bloggy Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for linking up to Say G'Day Saturday. I just featured your post!

    Best wishes for a lovely weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is seriously one of the best looking and sound smoothies ever!!! Holy yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! Thanks for joining us! Your smoothie looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm getting cooled off just looking at your smoothie. What a wonderful treat thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. these look amazing too, now which one to try first? thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks Amazing!! Thanks for sharing on Whatever Wednesday on Thank You Honey!

    Cheers

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  30. WHOA! Look at that smoothie! :) Look fantastic! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks fabulous! Love the layering! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #21!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mmm .. this looks very refreshing on a hot day!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks so yummy and refreshing!! Thanks for sharing :) I found you through Inside Bru Crew Life!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Wow!

    I am co-hosting this week on the My Favorite Posts Showoff Weekend Blog Party. Thanks for connecting up!

    I host a (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop and a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into My Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ I would love for you to link up and follow if you like what you see. =) I follow back - I love making new friends!

    Have a terrific week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete