9/20/13

Death by Candy Corn Halloween Carrot Cake Recipe

Death by Candy Corn Halloween Carrot Cake Recipe, Our dear friend Bones had too much of the treat he loved the most, Candy Corn, a tasty recipe is part of his obituary...follow it and join him in the afterlife, if you dare....
Hola Amigos! Happy weekend! I'm so glad this week is over, feels like it lasted an Eternity! Speaking of eternities, poor little bones here is a true example that everything in excess can lead to your demise! In his case something as innocent as Candy Corn!
Oh Yes...this is the season when our homes get inundated by the aromas and tastes of Candy Corn. So much of it,  that by the end of October I personally don't want to see one more of these sugary treats which seem to have endless shelf life as well!

Our friend "Bones" here not only ate a whole lot of the sweet treat but loved it so much that decided to take it with him to his final resting place!
Death by Candy Corn Carrot Cake Recipe, Poor Bones! He loved Candy Corn so much it took him to his grave "Literally" check out how by following this tasty recipe!...if you dare....

Of course, his cause of death was Candy Corn Overdose, to the point that when his flesh decomposed...it turned into Candy Corn Stew.....after all my friends, ...we are what we eat...right?

His coffin reflects his love for the season as well, Spiced Carrot with a hint of Apple Cider...at the end...he realized it's a good thing to have veggies and fruits in your Diet...a little too late I'll say....

Do you love Candy Corn as much as "Bones"? What's your favorite Halloween Candy....in other words, what't that thing you secretly raid out of your kids's trick or treat loot?...me? M&M's...I'm addicted to them and I constantly keep a little bag in my purse, just in case of a Zombie Apocalypse or something like that!

Thank You so much for attending Bones trip to the after life! Please join us again to more Halloween Food Fun and remember that everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love....and lots of Candy Corn.."Bones"!

Besitos,
Lizy


Death by Candy Corn Carrot Cake 
Ingredients:
1 box Carrot Cake
(all the ingredients necessary to make it BUT...replace the amount called for water with Apple Cider)
6 oz Candy Corn 
1 Cup Cream
1 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Vanilla Pudding or Cornstarch
Directions:
Heat oven at 350 degrees. Follow baking instructions. If you are baking these particular coffins you get 12, you can also bake a regular cake, cut it in little pieces and "bury your little piece" in the Candy Corn Stew.
For the Candy Corn Stew, on medium heat add cream, candy corn and pudding. Stir constantly until candy corn is melted. Add your pudding or cornstarch until thickened. Remove from heat and pour some of the mix on each coffin. Decorate with "bones" if you want! Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Have a glass of milk handy, believe me you're going to  need it, and enjoy!

Prep Time  10 minutes                          Baking time 20 minutes                    Serves 12 coffins
Death by Candy Corn Halloween Carrot Cake Recipe, too much of the good thing can be deadly! Ask our friend "Bones" here...victim of his own sweet tooth and love for all things Candy Corn!

Sharing a Sugar Rush Dessert at these Fa-BOO-lous Parties:
Dear CreativesDiana Rambles504 MainTartertots and JelloA Little ClaireificationSewlicious HomeAngels HomesteadThe Thriftiness MissCraft DictatorSara HoweCheerios and Lattes,Six Sisters StuffI Gotta CreateBe Different Act NormalIt's OverflowingTwigg StudiosWCFSYour Homebased MomDessert Now, Dinner LaterPink WhenWho Needs a CapeNifty Thrifty ThingsFlamingo ToesSpatulas on ParadeMi Mixing SpoonsI Should Be Mopping the FloorsThe Casual CraftleteCooking for the Seven DrawrfsThis Gal CooksBetween Naps on the PorchPandP KitchenThe Tumbleweed ContessaTiti CraftyCreate with JoyFeeding BigSuburbs MamaRain on a Tin RoofA Pinch of JoySetting for FourHuckleberry LoveSay Not Sweet AnneThe Gunny SackCoastal CharmLadybug BlessingsChef in TrainingHome Stories A to ZHun...What's for Dinner.
Our Table for 7Under the Table and DreamingDIY Home Sweet HomeMad in CraftsA Southern FairytaleJam HandsJembellishSugar Bee CraftsNap Time CreationsMemories by the MileCozy Little HouseThe Well Crafted HomeDucks'n a RowThe Everyday HomeSew CreativeThe Shady PorchGinger Snap CraftsFluster BusterThis Silly Girl's LifeTrendy Tree HouseKitchen Meets GirlSNAP733 BlogThe Real Housewives of RivertonPolkadots on ParadeSomeday CraftsWe Like to Learn as We GoMy Girlish WhimsSmart School HouseThe 36th Avenue52 MantelsThe Mandatory MoochSweet HauteSaving 4 SixLamberts LatelyWhat's Cooking LoveGlamorous BrideA Handful of EverythingLive, Laugh, RoweThe Crafty Blog StalkerKatherines CornerThe Best Blog RecipesCraftionaryTidy MomThe Girl CreativeOne Tough MotherHome Maid SimpleKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsDo Small Things with LoveTownsend HousePlanned in PencilLiving Better TogetherThe Jenny EvolutionShaken TogetherThe Pin JunkieFrugal Fit FamilyNot Your Ordinary RecipesDelishCherished BlissSara HoweMy Love 2 CreateCall me PMc
CoconutHead

34 comments:

  1. Lizy, this looks so decently delicious! I so LOVE candy corn and can eat it by the handfuls so try not to buy it. I popped over here today because I was worried about you. I thought you had stopped posting. I have been subscribed to your blog since we first started communicating but all of a sudden I have stopped getting e-mails notifying me you have posted. I tried resubscribing, but Feedburner said I already am. Guess all just have to see what happens. Glad you are cooking up a storm and still sharing with all your blog friends. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I come from the blog of Diana Rambles, I love your blog, very nice and interesting. I leave the link to my blog and if you like we can keep the contact. Besitos.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Maria Dolores! I stopped by and follow you back on G+ and FB as well! Good to have you here! Saludos!

      Delete
  3. I was coming over to see what holiday thing you had up to today, and this one's cute. I'm a huge fan of candy corn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute, I love this idea for Halloween, so fun! Thanks for linking to DIY Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is completely AWESOME. What a great idea! So creative! Pinning!!
    Kristin from DizzyBusyandHungry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. That is awesome. Just out of curiosity what is the skeleton made of?

    Personally, I can't stand candy corn and I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake. You must be an amazing cook to have made either of those items seem appealing to me in both the photos and recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darnn, woman, I gotta say that your cake coffin and candy corn stew go perfectly with my meringue bones! I may have to make them both together. The kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I love your bones!!! wait...let me say that again...I love your meringue bones!..there, lol!!! Thanks Karen! Hugs

      Delete
  8. How awesome is this?? I just shared it on Google+. Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!! Make it a pink day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much!!! Really appreciate you sharing it Meegan!

      Delete
  9. I love this creation as much as I love candy corn! I am pinning this and want to thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party. You know I love you and all of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just LOVING your Halloween recipes, Liz! Although I'm sorry Mr.Bones is being laid to rest, I must say, What a way to go! lol
    Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...poor Mr.Bones Cindy! LOL...he died happy I think :) Thank you so much for playing along!

      Delete
  11. This is so cool! What a fun treat for Halloween! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! Super cool! How long did it take you to make it?
    I hope you will hop over to my place http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ for a visit. Enter to win $500 in my Blogiversary Giveaway! Hope you are having a terrific week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to serve a coffin cake. It's got just the right amount of gore with a touch of humor. I love your pictures! Pinning.

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, how fun for Halloween! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, you did an absolutely great job on making this cake! You were so creative and it looks so scary. I love it. I saw it on great ideas thursday.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your halloween ideas are so fun & creative! Love each of them! This one is my favorite :) Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #31.

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for sharing this post at last weeks Saturday Spotlight on Angels Homestead!

    Hope to see you again this week!

    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You April, always fun to be at your party!

      Delete
  19. This may be the cutest Halloween dessert I've seen thus far... LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing :) Stopping by from the Thursday's Favorite Things hop, and I'd love for you to drop by my blog if you get the chance. Have a great weekend!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations…this post was featured on Create It Thursday #22! Thanks so much for sharing such an amazing idea last week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw your feature on Lamberts Lately. How creative and the photography is breathtaking!

    Kathy @ MeldingMagic.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome idea! It is perfectly grotesque for Halloween and I've never seen anything like it before. I'll pin this to my Halloween board once I'm home and not on a mobile device!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SOOOO CUTE - I mean CREEPY! I may have a hard time tasting it but know that after the first bite...It would be all over with! Thank you so much for linking his up to the Friday Follow Along. My sweet tooth has been kicking me all day today and this just made it worse!!! I hope you will link up again! http://ffflinkypals.blogspot.com/2013/10/friday-follow-along-bloghop-and-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. that is hysterical! Thanks so much for linking up to our Block Party link party. Pining

    ReplyDelete